Quaker Steak & Lube
Franchise Business Opportunity
If you are looking for information on the Quaker Steak & Lube franchise business opportunity, Quaker Steak & Lube franchises or Quaker Steak & Lube franchising, then you have come to the right place.
- Business Franchising Opportunity Information
- Ownership franchises for sale and to buy
- Info on buying and owning master franchise territory opportunities
- Purchase, start and own a multi unit franchise investment
- Starting, purchasing and becoming a small business owner
Over its thirty years, Quaker Steak and Lube has evolved into an unrivaled restaurant experience. Americans of all ages are enthralled by automobiles and motorcycles and every element of The LUBE restaurant's design and decor is geared to this fascination.
Starting in 1997, Quaker Steak and Lube franchises have opened in other locations in Western Pennsylvania Ohio, Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida. And highly experienced restaurant franchise experts have joined the organization to assist qualified investors and operators in bringing this exciting concept to new areas of the country.
Products & Services
The founders of this unique concept, George "Jig" Warren and Gary "Moe" Meszaros, had previously created another restaurant and a nightclub in Sharon, Pennsylvania, with themes based on the original use of railroad buildings. In 1974, they bought a vacant automobile service station that they converted into a restaurant and bar and appropriately named it "Quaker Steak and Lube." Its simple menu featured steaks, burgers, salads and baked potatoes, and customers were invited to "cook your own steak." But the primary attraction was the venue itself, filled with a fantastic array of automotive memorabilia. Classic cars, racing cars, hot rods and motorcycles hung from the ceiling, and the floor and walls were crowded with old gas pumps and racing paraphernalia.
In 1976, the menu was expanded to include the newly popular Buffalo-style chicken wings. Prepared with a choice of unique sauces of their own creation, Quaker Steak and Lube's wings began to attract a large following. In 1988, they received their first major award as "Best Wings in the USA," winning the National Chicken-Out competition. Today, there are 16 different wing sauces with their degrees of "hotness" described on the menu's "Wing-O-Meter."
The "cult" following of its wings, spurred by an imaginative promotional schedule, has made Quaker Steak and Lube immensely popular with families, couples and singles alike. Everyone from two to eighty-two loves The LUBE! Truckloads of chicken wings arrive daily from the nation's top chicken processors, and Tabasco and Frank's Red Hot sauce are purchased in 55-gallon drums.
Training and Support
As a Quaker Steak and Lube franchise owner, you'll receive the guidance, the training and the support you need to get your business up and running quickly and efficiently. Once your new business is established, advice and guidance are always just a phone call away.
Quaker Steak and Lube franchise support includes:
- Startup support
- Guidance in all phases of establishing your business
- Startup materials package
- Design specification and architectural assistance
- Decor sourcing assistance
- Grand Opening promotional guidance
- On-site training at time of opening
- Training and support center
Complete headquarters training
- Refresher training
- Hands-on field training
- Sales and marketing training
- Administration and reporting training
Sales and marketing support:
- Use of Quaker Steak and lube name and logo,, as well as other trade and service marks
- Promotional strategies
- Web site customized for your location
- Library of promotional materials, including ads, direct mailers, flyers, radio and TV commercials and more
- Marketing, advertising and public relations guidance
- Promotion through corporate web site
- System wide contests and promotions
- System marketing fund for production
- Exclusive territory
- Participation in system wide events, when available
- Negotiated rates and terms for products and services
- Use of Confidential Operations Manual
- Scheduled visits from support center personnel
- Phone support from home office
- Quarterly newsletter and updates
- System wide meetings and conferences designed for restaurant management and franchise owners
- Continual training
Why Quaker Steak and Lube?
- The exterior commands attention: a combination service station and diner, with its huge "EAT" sign and the brightly lit globes of old-fashioned gasoline pumps inviting everyone to "cruise on in."
- The interior is divided into several rooms, each with an atmosphere of its own, created by engaging memorabilia and full-size classic vehicles suspended from the ceiling and walls.
Thunder Alley captures the spirit of racing, with actual race cars overhead.
- The 'Vette VVVroom is dedicated to America's favorite sports car, with a genuine "Fifties" atmosphere.
- The bar appeals to the "bike" lover, with motorcycles of all descriptions overhead.
- The Body Shop offers patrons the opportunity to buy Quaker Steak and Lube souvenirs and gifts, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, as well as the famous Lube wing sauces they can take home with them.
- The Game Room keeps kids of all ages busy with video games galore.
- The Wingo Window is for those who want to call in for an order of wings, make a quick pick-up and keep on truckin'.
- The Brickyard is an outdoor patio for dining with a full service bar, which also becomes the center for many of the popular outdoor events.
- The Wall of Flame displays the names of those who have signed a release form and dared to eat six of the blazing hot "Atomic Wings."