Captain D's Seafood
Franchise Business Opportunity
If you are looking for information on the Captain D's franchise business opportunity, Captain D's Seafood franchises or Captain Ds Seafood franchising, then you have come to the right place.
- Business Franchising Opportunity Information
- Ownership franchises for sale and to buy
- Info on buying and owning master franchise territory opportunities
- Purchase, start and own a multi unit franchise investment
- Starting, purchasing and becoming a small business owner
Set Sail With A New Opportunity!
Captain D's is growing in markets all across the eastern and southern US with a particular emphasis on Texas. With dynamic new leadership, an exciting new menu and outstanding support, experienced restaurateurs recognize Captain D's as a great opportunity featuring:
- A growing chain delivering record per store revenues year over year with average per store sales of more than $900,000 in 2003, 33% higher than Captain D's largest competitor *
- A fresh alternative to ordinary franchise concepts in highly competitive QSR categories
- A unique, fast-casual dining experience that recalls the fun and charm of authentic seafood shacks
- Innovative restaurant prototypes designed to deliver sales-to-investment ratios that rank among the best in the QSR and fast-casual categories
- Single and multi-unit development opportunities and coveted territories not available with other leading restaurant brands
- 90 percent aided brand recognition in our core markets
- A solid, well-managed, restaurant-industry leader
Captain D's menu offers a wide variety of fried fish, shrimp and chicken dishes, as well as numerous seasonal and regional seafood favorites. We also offer a wide variety of side items like French fries, hushpuppies and cole slaw, and recently added an an entirely new assortment of healthy, grilled items and delectable new sidesto meet ever-changing consumer tastes and dietary needs.
Captain D's first opened in Donelson, Tennessee, in 1969. Today, 38 years later, the chain has become one of the leading quick-service seafood restaurants in the nation and has grown to nearly 600 restaurants in 22 states.
While we are proud of our past, we are firmly focused on our future and are currently in our most aggressive growth period in more than 30 years. Our new compact, 68-seat restaurant design was created to deliver our franchisees significant savings on building, equipment, construction and real estate. Today, we are looking for qualified franchisees, preferably with previous restaurant operating experience, to help us make Captain D's even bigger and even better with single- and multi-unit franchise agreements in many areas across the United States.
Why Captain D's?
A great product with little or no same-category competition in key markets.
- The seafood market segment is vastly underserved, and our proven concept can make the entry seamless and successful.
- A unique, fast-casual dining experience that recalls the fun and charm of authentic seafood shacks.
- Innovative restaurant prototypes designed to deliver sales-to-investment ratios that rank among the best in the QSR and fast-casual categories.
- Positive same-store sales growth during the last 9 of 12 years.
- Average restaurant sales of more than $900,000 in 2003, an all-time company high and 33% higher than Captain D's largest competitor *.
- Multi-unit development opportunities in coveted territories unavailable with other leading brands.
Additionally, Captain D's offers franchisee ownership groups who operate other brands a unique opportunity to diversify their holdings. So, if you're looking for a rewarding franchise opportunity, look no further than Captain D's. We know where we've been, we know where we're going, and we know that you won't want this to be the opportunity that got away.
Captain D's is searching for multi-unit foodservice and retail operators, as well as other investors who have a history of business success. Franchise candidates with other professional backgrounds are also encouraged to apply, but will be required to have experienced and qualified restaurant operators with equity ownership roles in their franchises.
Perhaps most important, we are looking for individuals who will embrace the Captain D's mission. Franchising is a key component to our strategy to continue building the Captain D's brand, expanding our presence nationally and increasing our share of the rapidly growing fast-casual dining market. Therefore, you must be prepared to attract and retain customers by believing in our system and maintaining the high standards that have ensured Captain D's success for more than three decades.
Training and Support
Captain D's Seafood provides our franchisees with an array of support, helping them make the most of their investment. From the day you first express interest to the day you open your store to 20 years down the road, we will be there with a number of services and resources to help our franchisees get the most out of the Captain D's franchise program.
Captain D's support of franchisees doesn't stop after the store is open. In fact, for your first five days in business, key members of our management staff will be on site helping you and your people run your restaurant. Then, after you have successfully gotten your franchise business off the ground, Captain D's University - a series of informative, one-week workshops - will keep you totally up-to-date on human resources issues, finance, technology and other D's business issues.
Additionally, you will have access to our computer-based training module, Captain's Compass. Launched in October of 2000, the Captain's Compass leads all new employees through the training process via a computer terminal located in each Captain D's restaurant. Employees learn at their own pace, and store managers and corporate executives can track their progress online. Since Captain's Compass was launched, employee turnover is down, crew tenure is up, and customer satisfaction scores are at an all-time high. In turn, that has led to two consecutive years of record sales for the company. It has also led to Captain D's receiving the coveted National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation's Winning Workforce Award for 2004. Captain D's is the only QSR chain in the country to win this prestigious award.
Finally, at D's, franchisees can always look to our senior management team as they possess more than 100 years of experience operating Captain D's seafood restaurants. In fact, many began their careers with the company as trainees or hourly employees. Because of this, they possess the experience and know-how to assist our franchisees with all aspects of restaurant development and operations.
Get the whole fish story.
We hope by now you are hooked on the Captain D's Seafood franchise opportunity. From our unique approach to QSR/fast-casual dining and peak-performing restaurant prototypes to extensive corporate support, a Captain D's Seafood franchise offers savvy investors what they value most.
We have prime markets available for development and are eager to award them to the right candidates. If you are ready for a franchise opportunity that offers the potential for a great return on investment, diverse development options and innovative ways of conducting business, we hope that you will strongly consider a Captain D's franchise. Captain D's is part of Sagittarius Brands, the owner of Del Taco. Certain markets will be considered for co-branding opportunities in the coming years, and certain franchise candidates may qualify to develop both brands. Please inquire for more details. Please remember that we do not consider candidates without the appropriate operational partner and that we are not qualifying candidates for international opportunities at this time.
*From Uniform Franchise Offering Circular - Franchise Information V 2.5 Page 5