The UPS Store Franchise Business Opportunity
If you are looking for information on the The UPS Store franchise business opportunity, United Parcel Service Store franchises or UPS Store franchising, then you have come to the right place.
- Business Franchising Opportunity Information
- Ownership franchises for sale and to buy
- Info on buying and owning master franchise territory opportunities
- Purchase, start and own a multi unit franchise investment
- Starting, purchasing and becoming a small business owner
The UPS Store History
The Mail Boxes Etc. concept was introduced in 1980 as convenient alternative to the post office. Throughout its evolution, it has continued to define and lead the business services category it created. In 2001, UPS acquired Mail Boxes Etc., Inc. In 2003, the two companies introduced The UPS Store opportunity offering the U.S. network the choice to re-brand, and also set lower maximum retail prices for UPS shipping services. On April 7, 2003, approximately 3,000 Mail Boxes Etc. locations in the United States (at the time, nearly 90% of the domestic U.S. network) re-branded as The UPS Store and began offering lower (around 20% on average) UPS-direct shipping rates. The stores remain locally owned and operated, and continue to offer the same variety of postal and business services, with the same convenience and world-class service.
In the year following the re-branding, Mail Boxes Etc., Inc. sold more than 500 new The UPS Store locations in the United States - a record for the company, and phenomenal growth for a quarter-century-old franchise. Special-venue site development also has grown steadily with locations on college campuses, military bases, in convention centers, hotels, and urban renewal areas/empowerment zones. Special-venue sites create an opportunity to provide services to consumers, regardless of where they live, work or travel.
In addition to its domestic network, Mail Boxes Etc., Inc. has expanded globally through master license agreements, with locations in more than 40 countries. Historically, the services provided by The UPS Store and Mail Boxes Etc. locations have been adaptable to the needs and market conditions of various countries and cultures around the world. In 2004, the company crossed the threshold of 5,000 locations worldwide. Throughout the company's historic growth, one thing has remained constant: the commitment of its franchisees to providing personalized and convenient business solutions with world-class customer service.
- Number of Franchised Units Worldwide - 5,765
- Total locations in the U.S. - 4,419
- Total locations outside the U.S. - 1,346
Where We Are Today
- The UPS Store is the world’s largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing, and business service centers and has nearly 40 years of franchise experience.
- In its annual Franchise 500 listing, Entrepreneur Magazine has ranked The UPS Store #1 in its category ("Postal & Business Services") for 28 consecutive years.
- The UPS Store is the go-to small business resource center providing the help and wide array of services that small businesses need.
Promote Yourself To Business Owner
Here at The UPS Store, we know first-hand how important a healthy work-life balance is. When you become an owner of a The UPS Store, we help you find the right balance as you pursue your entrepreneurial aspirations and unique personal and financial goals.
The UPS Store offers a diverse selection of franchise opportunities, all backed by in-depth training, support, and the respected, award-winning The UPS Store brand.
In 2006, Entrepreneur magazine's annual "Franchise 500," a ranking of franchise opportunities based on factors such as financial strength, growth rate and size, rated The UPS Store #4 among all franchise opportunities and #1 in the postal and business services category for the 16th consecutive year.* Additionally, the company has a rich tradition of award-winning marketing and public relations campaigns, among other accolades.
- Entrepreneur Magazine's 2019 Franchise 500 list ranked The UPS Store as #5 top franchise to own and ranked The UPS Store #1 in the postal and business services category for 29 consecutive years
- Globally recognized brand and proven franchise business model for over 35+ years
- World's largest franchisor of retail shopping, postal, printing and business services center
The center interior is designed to promote a comfortable, yet professional business environment, with a contemporary appearance geared toward heightening awareness of products and services.
Centers are typically located in shopping centers and commercial complexes, but also can be found in special venues such as universities, convention centers, hotels and military bases. Location sizes range from 1,200 to 1,800 sq. ft. and centers generally employ a full-time staff of two or more employees, including the owner/operator. Hours of operation vary, but locations are typically open Monday-Friday, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Many locations are also open on Sundays.
The UPS Store Main Street Model
Whether it’s a big city, suburb, or small town, every owner of a The UPS Store has the support of an industry-leading brand and access to its promotional, advertising and other corporate expertise and resources. In addition, The UPS Store’s Main Street Model provides an attractive and affordable franchising opportunity that serves as a low-cost option for business owners seeking opportunities in small and rural communities.
New franchisees receive, one month of training including time at The UPS Store University in San Diego, California, ongoing professional development with Internet-based training and resources, regional meetings, seminars, and worldwide networking.